Other Tea Health Benefits
green tea is increasingly being used as part of a healthy diet, as it can play a role in controlling body weight and composition via the activation of thermogenesis, fat oxidation, or both. It works by increasing energy expenditure, and has thermogenic properties which promote fat burning.
Tooth Decay Prevention
Green tea can even help prevent tooth decay and dental plaque. Catechin suppresses the formation of plaque by cariogenic bacteria and also kills the bacteria themselves. It also kills other bacteria that cause bad breath. Green tea contains natural fluorine which helps prevent cavities. Just as its bacteria-destroying abilities can help prevent food poisoning.
Green Tea in Skin Preparations
Meanwhile, even skin preparations containing green tea - from deodorants to creams - are starting to appear on the market.
Other Green Tea Benefits and Potential Uses
Green tea, with its all-important chemical compounds, has also shown many other benefits and potential uses:
- Slowing the aging process.
- Relieving and preventing rheumatoid arthritis.
- Cariovascular disease and Preventing dangerous blood-clotting.
- Can slow down the spread of prostate cancer.
- Impaired immune function and Preventing and hastening recovery from colds and flu.
- Aiding with the prevention and relief of type-two diabetes.
- Blocking key receptors in producing allergic reactions.
- Aiding Parkinson's disease sufferers.
- Slowing the HIV infection process.
- Maintains healthy fluid balance.
- Relieves fatigue and stress.
- Boosting the immune function of skin cells.
- Reducing the risk of stroke.
- Preventing osteoporosis.
- Reducing DNA damage in smokers.
- Improving bone structure.
- Reduce risk of hypertension
- Drinking tea might delay Alzheimer's Disease
- A green tea component helps kill leukemia cells