Jasmine tea is a type of scented tea, produced by blending with jasmine flowers picked in the early evening when they are in full bloom. It takes approximately 4-5 hours for the tea to absorb the delicate jasmine fragrance, and the process may be repeated several times in order to further develop the flavour. The tea must then be dried again to prevent it going bad in storage. At Tea Blossoms, you can buy jasmine tea in a variety of blends including:
- Green jasmine
- Jasmine silver needle tea
- Organic green jasmine tea bags
- Green jasmine blooming balls
- Green tea, marigold, glob amaranth and jasmine blooming balls
- Black tea, globe amaranth and jasmine chocolate blooming balls
- Black tea, globe amaranth and jasmine peppermint blooming balls
- Green tea, jasmine and marigold blooming balls
- Green tea, marigold, jasmine and lily blooming balls
- Green tea, red lily and jasmine peach blooming balls
- Jasmine Green Tea (Buddha Tears)
- Sencha and jasmine blossoms
- Organic green jasmine
Green Jasmine: 100 gThis is a combination of high-quality young green tea buds, coupled with the sensual aroma of the jasmine plant is bound to be hit with tea lovers. The jasmine flavours complement the clean finish of the young green tea leaves, which in turn creates a longer lasting taste. The explosion of various shades of green creates a clean, light amber brew.
Green tea is rumoured to have numerous health benefits, including reducing the likelihood of heart disease. It is also thought to encourage weight loss by speeding up the metabolism, not to mention helping the skin appear more youthful and radiant. Jasmine has an aroma that creates a calming effect, making this an excellent tea to enjoy at the end of a hectic day!
Hint: To achieve a perfect cup of green jasmine tea, pour boiled water over one teaspoon of tea leaves for every cup of tea you are making. Leave for three to five minutes and strain the leaves.
Best enjoyed hot or chilled, with or without a meal. Honey and sugar can also be added if you prefer a little extra natural sweetness. This also helps bring out the flavour of the tea.
Other Teas We Recommend